You guys, We made our own granola bars. They were no bake and have no refined sugar in them, at all (less all those added sprinkles and chocolate chips). And, they were seriously so good. My kids have been out of school for a week now and baking is always a fun activity we can do together. It passes the time and they really feel so accomplished when they see what they have made.
These bars come together easily and are super fun because you can use whatever extras you want. In our case I think there may be more add ins than actual granola, but what are you going to do? Thats baking life with kids, am I right? Best thing about these though are the ingredients. No high fructose corn syrup or loads or refined sugar and other garbage making these babies yummy.
Truth be told, I was not always the homemade snack Mama. My kids were grabbing prepackaged crap all the time. When I was pregnant with my first, I had grand ideas of all things homemade. Baby food? So easy, totally making my own. Snacks? no biggy, I can handle that. Meals? They will most certainly be made from scratch each and every night. Are you laughing yet? I tried. I did. I started off strong. Then I became overwhelmed and busy. We moved a few times, I had my second and time just wasn’t what it was. I totally slacked. I definitely wasn’t feeding them garbage at all times but I also wasn’t totally on top of my game. Packaged fruit snacks were one of the only thing that helped me keep my sanity and grab a few things at Target. But, you know what? Making homemade snacks like granola bars are so easy and totally worth it because lets face it, we need to be aware of the stuff our kids are eating. We are pretty good about feeding our kids healthy, clean foods and when they are this easy to make, its a no brainer.
The base for these granola bars will work with any add ins you could want. In ours we added, raisins, dried cranberries, dark chocolate chips, bee pollen and loads of sprinkles because, well, my kids need sprinkles on everything. They do make these pretty darn cute and fun though, so Im all about it. I hope you give these a try and use them as a jumping off point for some totally outrageous creations of your own.
As always, I love seeing my recipes recreated. Don’t forget to take a photo and upload it to Instagram. Tag me @lovebethmichelle and use #lovebethmichelle for a chance to be featured in my stories!
No Bake Granola Bars
These no bake granola bars are so easy and delicious, you will never buy prepackaged ones again.
- 3 cups oats
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons PB fit (we used the chocolate kind) -leave out for peanut free
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups of add ins. We used raisins, dried cranberries, dark chocolate chips, bee pollen and sprinkles.
- Step 1 Toast oats on a baking sheet at 350F for about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 2 While oats are toasting, in a sauce pan add grapeseed oil, coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, PB fit and honey.
- Step 3 Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Step 4 In a bowl, add toasted oats and pour over honey mixture.
- Step 5 Toss to combine and fold in add ins.
- Step 6 On a parchment lined 8X8 baking dish, firmly press in oat mixture.
- Step 7 Chill for about an hour.
- Step 8 Cut into bars and enjoy.